A NEW NABIE
- NABIE is thrilled to welcome ActivePure Technology as our lead education partner.
- NABIE is excited to be able to provide our members with outstanding educational content, including a presentation from ActivePure's Chief Medical & Science Advisor, Dr. Deborah Birx & Amy Carenza, Chief Commercial Officer of ActivePure. Dr. Birx, an infectious disease specialist, will speak about ActivePure's unique technology that cleans the air and lessens the risk of infection from COVID-19 due to improved ventilation.
- Attendees will also have a chance to see ActivePure's technology in action at Dallas' Fair Park, during one of our interactive learning opportunities.
- Janine Pardee, PE- will present on her findings from being onsite at the collapse of the Champlain Towers condo collapse earlier this year in Surfside, FL.
- ICONbuild- Featured in the Wall Street Journal and on CBS Sunday Morning, will present on their innovative technology that is bringing affordable and elegant housing to Texas (and the world!) ICON's 3D printer technology has attracted investments from Lennar, one of the nations largest and most prolific homebuiilders.
INTRODUCING OUR LEAD EDUCATION PARTNER: ACTIVEPURE TECHNOLOGY AND OUR HONORED SPEAKERS
Dr. DEBORAH BIRX & AMY CARENZA
Deborah Birx, MD is a medical physician and expert on infectious diseases and a diplomat who served as a special representative for global health diplomacy. Birx served on the White House Coronavirus Task Force from Feb. 2020 to Jan. 2021. Her career has focused on HIV/AIDS immunology, vaccine research, and global health. As the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator for presidents Barack Obama and Donald Trump, Birx oversaw the implementation of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), as well as all U.S. government engagement with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria. Serving as the U.S. Special Representative for Global Health Diplomacy, she aligned the U.S. Government’s diplomacy with foreign assistance programs that address global health challenges and accelerate progress toward achieving an AIDS-free generation; ending preventable child and maternal deaths; and preventing, detecting, and responding to infectious disease threats.
Amy Carenza is the Chief Commercial Officer at ActivePure Technology, where she has global responsibility for the development and implementation of commercial strategy. Prior to joining ActivePure, Amy enjoyed a distinguished career in financial services spanning the last 20 years. She has worked across a diverse range of industries and advised numerous mid and large-cap companies on the evaluation of strategic alternatives and optimal execution in debt and equity capital markets, domestic and international treasury, global trade and risk management. She previously worked for Bank of America and most recently PNC, where she was a Managing Director in Corporate & Institutional Banking. While at PNC, she also played an integral role in the creation and subsequent launch of PNC's Organizational Financial Wellness business, providing customized solutions, strategies and thought leadership to human resource executives for employee financial wellness. Her dedication to research and innovation in the financial space has garnered multiple patents.
Amy is a member of ASHRAE (The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers) and active in the Dallas/Ft. Worth chapter of IFMA (International Facility Management Association).